What’s your resolution for talent acquisition, development and retention? Like most things in our lives, when you start with planning, everything else starts to fall into place. It’s a New Year. And aren’t all Resolutions just little Plans
How planning helps you attract and retain talent: The time to set your business up for competing for top talent is long before a position opens. Attraction and Retention planning should be ongoing and include issues like:
- Researching competitive benefit packages in your region and industry
- Budgeting for building, office and equipment upgrades to stay current
- Designing reward and incentive programs that keep employees engaged
How planning helps you develop leaders: Development planning should address the needs of new hires as well as your rising starts and include:
- Building feedback loops into your daily workflow so issues don’t wait until annual reviews to be addressed.
- Customizing education and training to support both your employees’ individual needs and your business’ overall goals.